“Flicks Candy” is a chocolate flavored treat that has been around for over 100 years. It was originally developed by the Ghirardelli family in the late 1890’s, but wasn’t called “Flicks” until 1904. It was produced in San Francisco, and then later in San Leandro up until 1989. By that time, the machinery that produced Flicks had been continually operating for nearly 100 years, it had been damaged in its move to San Leandro, and replacement parts were no longer available, as the equipment’s manufacturer had been out of business since World War II. For these reasons, production of Flicks Ceased in 1989. In 1963, William Tjerrild, son of Danish and Swiss immigrants, went to work for Nestle’s Chocolate as a mechanical engineer and learned the art of manufacturing confections and chocolate. After Nestle’s, William worked for various confectioners until developing his own manufacturing company that specialized in fabricating chocolate and nut processing machinery. In 1988, William’s son, James Tjerrild came to work at the family business. Growing up in California, James loved eating Flicks at the theater, and sorely missed the product when production ceased in 1989. So, in 2004 the Tjerrild family acquired the Flicks trademark, and in 2005, acquired the original decommissioned production equipment that produced Flicks for nearly 100 years. Originally built in Racine, Wisconsin in the late 1890’s or early 1900’s, the equipment was painstakingly dismantled, relocated, and reconstructed in Fresno, California by the Tjerrild family’s machinery company. Now Flicks are again being produced in Fresno, California.